Heal My Pet Natural Healing for Longevity and Health

FIRST AID

October 2, 2013 / by Faerie DogMother

MY DOG ATE CHOCOLATE

A toxic dose of chocolate:

  • 1 ounce per 1 pound of body weight for Milk chocolate
  • 1 ounce per 3 pounds of body weight for Semisweet chocolate
  • 1 ounce per 9 pounds of body weight for Baker’s chocolate.

What to do if your dog eats chocolate:

    1. Make the dog throw up as soon as possible. Use an eye-dropper, baby medicine dispenser or (kitchen/turkey) baster and give a one teaspoon of water + one teaspoon (mixed) of hydrogen peroxide  per 10 pounds of body weight, until the dog throws up. May take 5-15 minutes after you dose it so wait patiently. It will obviously be messy so do it in a bathtub or outside so cleanup is easier. You may have to make the dog puke several times to get all the chocolate up.
    1. After all the chocolate is out of the dog’s stomach, make a mix of powdered activated charcoal with some water or coconut water and again, syringe in. Activated charcoal powder is sold at most pharmacies and supplement stores. Add this to your dog’s first-aid kit. It is very inexpensive and can be used for humans, dogs and cats.

If you don’t catch it right away or if there is anything alarming that your dog does (seizures, etc), always contact a vet ASAP!

EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW CPR FOR PETS

▶ Pet CPR – YouTube

IF CPR DOESN’T WORK 

When the pet’s breathing and heart has stopped and resuscitation methods have failed, you can stimulate an acupuncture “alarm point” which prompts the body to release natural adrenaline (epinephrine), a drug commonly used in human and veterinary medicine in cardiac arrests to stimulate the heart and breathing.  Puppies and kittens dead at birth treated with this method have been revived more than an hour later, and survived to live long, healthy lives. A needle jab, with rescue breathing, can ensure your pet survives.

The alarm point is in the center (midway point) of the slit found between your puppy’s nose and upper lip. Stick a needle, safety pin, paperclip, or even your clean fingernail into this point. Jab deeply to the bone, and repeatedly wiggle back and forth. Continue administering the emergency acupuncture treatment for at least twenty minutes, until the pet revives or you reach the hospital.